Please note that the use of this website (famsf.org) constitutes an agreement to abide by the following terms and conditions. The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco reserve the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All text, images, and data on the FAMSF (the “Museums”) website (the “Website”) are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Museums retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Museums.
- The Materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL www.famsf.org.
- The Museums do not warrant that use of the materials displayed on the Website will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Museums. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
- Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain is strictly prohibited.
- Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Website are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Museum assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the Website or your downloading of any Materials from the Website.
- The Museums have not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Website. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
The Museums may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (FAMSF) manages various social media channels under the names of the de Young, Legion of Honor, and FAMSF. We aim to use these platforms as a forum that stimulates constructive community conversations by applying inclusive and equitable perspectives to our collections, exhibitions, programs, and the histories they embody.
By posting to one of our social media channels or interacting with our content, you are agreeing to abide by our Community Guidelines. These apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us and / or the owner of the social media platform.
We welcome you to join the FAMSF community on each platform, and seek to be welcoming and attentive hosts. We moderate social media to preserve a respectful and inclusive environment in accordance with our core institutional values, which can be found here. We endeavor to maintain safe spaces that foster participation and enrich dialogue.
We ask that all users follow these Community Guidelines:
- Be respectful to all those with whom you interact within our social media communities, and when sharing your comments and ideas.
- Refrain from inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, or profane comments.
- Do not post information that goes against the platform’s spam policy or promotes / solicits visits to third-party sites, initiatives, or products.
We reserve the right to reject or remove comments that are not in keeping with our values and Guidelines; and to block or ban users / followers who do not follow these Guidelines.
The Guidelines apply to all FAMSF social media channels.