Volunteering at the de Young and the Legion of Honor promotes literacy in the arts and provides crucial support to the overall functionality of the museums. Volunteers gain knowledge of art and art history, an enhanced understanding of arts administration, and valuable customer service skills.
Volunteers receive the following for their service:
- Free admission to the permanent collection galleries and most special exhibitions at both the de Young and the Legion of Honor
- Access to lectures, special tours, educational programs, and previews of special exhibitions
- Discounts at Museum Stores and Cafés
- Annual appreciation luncheon
- Insider knowledge about the Museums’ history, operations, and collections
- Special recognition for volunteer service milestones