Achenbach Graphic Arts Council (AGAC)
Members of the Achenbach Graphic Arts Council (AGAC) share an interest in prints, drawings, photographs, and other works of art on paper. Your membership in the Council supports the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts (AFGA) and its world-renowned collection housed in the Legion of Honor.
As an AGAC member, you will have opportunities to pursue your interests as a connoisseur or collector. All FAMSF members are welcome to join AGAC through an additional contribution which supports the ongoing work of the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts. Memberships are offered on an annual basis.
The Rewards of Membership
- Invitations to AGAC events, including customized tours of selected exhibitions at the Museums and other venues, and visits to artists’ studios and fine art printers for demonstrations of artistic processes and techniques
- Invitations to workshops, lectures and seminars developed and presented by Achenbach curators
- Members-only programs with the Reva and David Logan Collection of Illustrated Books, a collection containing many of the greatest artists’ books of the 20th century
- Curator-led tours of exhibitions
- Tours of private collections
- The opportunity to meet fellow collectors
- The AGAC travel program, providing opportunities to experience graphic arts in locations outside the Bay Area
- The AGAC annual members meeting, held at the Legion of Honor, including reports from the Achenbach curators and AGAC Board, as well as presentations of recent acquisitions
Your membership directly benefits the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts through:
- The acquisition of art for the Achenbach collection
- Sponsorship of a museum fellowship
- Funding for exhibition catalogues
- Support for special projects
Admissions for TWO to a variety of events such as exhibitions, museum walkthroughs, and visits to fine art presses, galleries and artist’s studios.
Senior (65+) $50.00
General benefits for the AGAC member
Out of State (Residing outside of California) $50.00
General benefits for the AGAC member and one guest
Student (student I.D. required) $25.00
General benefits for the AGAC member
Upper-category AGAC members enjoy the added benefits of invitations to a series of exclusive small group events such as discussions in private homes, visits to private collections, meetings with artists, and print preview parties—all providing opportunities for socializing and sharing with other collector members.
All Basic member benefits, plus invitations to special events such as gatherings in member homes, visits to private collections, museum galas, and priority admission to limited attendance events.
All of the above benefits plus donors will also receive a letter of introduction to another museum's Department of Prints and Drawings.
New Collectors $750
All the above Basic through Donor membership benefits, as well as a range of activities designed specifically for new and emerging collectors of any age who are interested in, or in the process of, creating a personal collection of artwork on paper.
All the above benefits plus a private curatorial consultation. Patrons will also receive two letters of introduction to another museum's Department of Prints & Drawings.
Please download our membership application form and return it with your check or credit card details. You also may call the AGAC office at 415.750.3676.
The Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts (AFGA) is the most comprehensive collection of works of art on paper in the western United States. It began as the vast print and drawing collection of Mr. and Mrs. Moore Achenbach, given to the City of San Francisco in 1948. The Achenbach’s holdings are comprised of more than 90,000 prints, drawings, photographs, and artists’ books that document European, American, and Asian graphic arts from the 15th century to the present. The collection also includes over 3,000 drawings and 3,000 photographs. Indian miniature paintings, Japanese prints and drawings, a theater and dance collection, posters, and rare books are represented as well. The collection's extraordinary size and scope are the result of the gifts of generous donors and careful purchases by curators from a limited endowment. AFGA offers a continuing program of changing exhibitions from the permanent and loan collections.
Upcoming AGAC Events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-750-3676 with questions or to reserve your space for events. Programs are open to all AGAC members unless otherwise indicate
For more information about joining the AGAC, or for details about upcoming AGAC member events, please contact the AGAC Administrative Assistant.
Board of Directors
Leila Narvid, Chair
Catherine Hehman, 1st Vice Chair
Bill Eddelman, 2nd Vice Chair
Gina Cortese, Treasurer
Debbie A. Doyle, Secretary
Lyn R. Agre
Jane R. Lurie
Michael C. Powanda