San Francisco, May 2010—The world of Impressionist art comes to the de Young with an exclusive pair of exhibitions from the Musée d’Orsay in Paris: Birth of Impressionism (May 22–September 6, 2010) and Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne and Beyond (September 25, 2010–January 18, 2011). These collections, that rarely leave France, highlight the work of nearly 40 artists including Monet, Manet, Renoir, Cézanne, Degas, Gauguin, Pissarro, Van Gogh and Seurat. The de Young is the only museum in the world to host both exhibitions.
The de Young is offering an added benefit to all ticket purchasers: Le Passeport Affinity Program. Everyone who purchases a ticket to one of the de Young’s Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay exhibitions receives Le Passeport, a card that allows holders to receive discounts and special offers from participating retailers, restaurants, businesses and attractions all over Northern California. Le Passeport cards are available for pick-up at the de Young box office for both on-site and on line ticket purchases. Le Passeport cards are active until the second exhibition closes on January 18, 2011.
To use Le Passeport, holders present their card to any of the participating partners for discounts and special offers at the time of purchase. Le Passeport window clings, logos and posters are often prominently displayed at partnering locations to encourage customer involvement. Offers are added throughout the run of the Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay exhibitions. For more details and an up-to-date list of merchants and their special offers, go to deyoungmuseum.org/orsay.
Le Passeport partners include:
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea–Present your Le Passport card at a Peet’s retail store, Sacramento to Monterey, to receive $1.00 off any Peet’s Freddo™ beverage. Valid at participating Peet’s retail stores and restrictions apply.
- Pier 39 San Francisco–Cardholders receive discounts at a variety of locations including Wipeout Bay & Grill, PIER Market, Fog Harbor Fish House, Blue & Gold Fleet, Hard Rock Café and many more.
- Bloomingdales–Cardholders receive a 15% off all-day savings certificate and a Bloomingdale's signature gift with purchase.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate–Cardholders receive 15% discount on chocolate and fountain purchases.
- La Boulange Café and Bakery–Cardholders receive 15% off your total purchase. Offer does not include alcohol beverages and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer ends September 6, 2010.
- Pacific Catch–Cardholders receive a complimentary starter with purchase of two entrees valued at $9.95 or more. Offer valid at three Bay Area locations.
- And many more!