Home | deYoung

deYoung

de Young Museum

The de Young Museum originated as the Fine Arts Building, which was constructed in Golden Gate Park for the California Midwinter International Exposition in 1894. The chair of the exposition organizing committee was Michael H. de Young, co-founder of the San Francisco Chronicle. The Fine Arts Building was designed in a pseudo–Egyptian Revival style.

Following the exposition, the building was designated as a museum for the people of San Francisco.

Location 

Pages

Subscribe to deYoung